DD Water and Its Ways_Timaru (27 Feb)
Event on 2014-02-27 09:30:00
Water and It’s Ways: Protecting your use, land and community
A practical look at water efficiency and riparian management; and the part you play in your community.
These dairy days are about “making every drop count” through water efficiency in and around the dairy shed and riparian management; moving forward from the great fence off where most waterways are now permanently fenced off but what happens next…?
These events are tailored to each region. There will be local regional council representatives attending each event to answer any questions that you may have relevant to each specific area.
At this interactive and informative workshop you will cover:
- How water can be used more efficiently in and around the dairy shed?
- Why water metering is becoming compulsory?
- Whether saving water in the dairy shed will conflict with meeting food safety standards such as detergent residue levels and other discussions e.g. e-coli
- Expectations of the Sustainable Dairying Water Accord and Regional Council Rules both now and into the future
- Riparian planting and ongoing maintenance – what works and how to get started
This workshop is suitable for all levels of dairying.
Lunch Included: Please advise if you have any special dietary requirements at the time of registering for this event.
Course Time: 10am to 2pm – lunch included
Registrations: from 9.30am (Tea, coffee and light morning tea)
What to bring: gumboots, sunhats or wet weather gear, water bottles
Dairy Women's Network
at Stuart and Andrea Weir, Dairy Supply No. 38013
22 Fairview Road
Timaru, New Zealand